8 oz or 225 g flesh of sweet potato, precooked
6 oz or 175 g sugar
6 oz or 175 g
4 oz or 100 g chopped almonds
2 oz or 50 g coconut flour or dessicated coconut
4 fl oz or 125 ml olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 eggs, separated
• Precook the sweet potato by baking or boiling untilsoft. Then drain and peel
• In a food processor, beat in all the ingredients except for the egg white.
• Beat the egg white separately until stiff.
• Fold the egg white into the cake mixture.
• Place the mixture into a deep 8 inch / 20 cm cake or 2 lb loaf tin lined with non-stick baking parchment.
• Bake in a preheated oven, gas mark 4, 350F, 180 C for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours.
• Cool in tin before turning out and removing parchment