Sweet and Sour Sauce : Glutenfree
Ingredients: Sweet and Sour Sauce : Glutenfree
Meat or vegetables can be marinaded and cooked in the sauce, or the sauce can be made separately and served with the meat or vegetables.
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly
2 teaspoons cornflour
1/4 pint or 150 ml cold water
1 or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
Instructions: Sweet and Sour Sauce : Glutenfree
• Simmer the onion, garlic, mustard seed and ginger in the olive oil until the onion is tender.
• Make the cornflour into a paste with a little of the cold water, then add the rest of the cold water and add to the onion.
• Continue to simmer gently until the sauce becomes translucent.
• Add the redcurrant jelly and the wine vinegar and stir well.
• Bring back to simmer before serving. Add a little more water if the sauce is too thick.